Ethics & Compliance Magazine. Year 1, 2016, Issue 2 (Fall)
The current issue was released on November 11, 2016, as part of the 1st edition of the European Ethics & Compliance Forum (Intercontinental Hotel, Bucharest, Romania). It was published under the auspices of the Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics (CARMAE) and the European Ethics & Compliance Association (EECA).
Editor-in-chief: Cristian Ducu, PhD
Editors: Daniela Ducu, Liviu Ion Stochita, Mihai G. Popa, Diana Trifu
Contributors: Ulrich Buchsenschutz, Cristian Ducu, Daniela Ducu, Iulia Drajneanu, Alexandru Enache, Andra Florina Irinca, Neil McGregor, Dan Minoiu, Diana Neghina, Virna di Palma, Mihai G. Popa, Simona Pirtea, Sebastian Pitei, Liviu Ion Stochita, Anca Stroe, Alex Serban, Diana Trifu.
Art director: Marius Filipoiu.
Proofreading: Daniela Ducu, Diana Trifu.
Photos: This magazine uses paid pictures and illustrations from Shutterstock.
ISSN: 2501-1561 (printed edition).
ISSN: 2537-1975 (electronic edition).
Number of copies: 1000.
Price: Printed version – complimentary edition.
All rights deriving from the articles pertain to the Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics.
Opinions belong exclusively to the authors and under no circumstances do they reflect the official position of any of the companies represented.
© Copyright 2016, Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics.
• Would You Listen to an Ex-Con’s Advice on Ethics & Compliance? | Cristian Ducu (Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics)
THE 2016 EDELMAN TRUST BAROMETER
• How Much Do You Trust Your Government? | Daniela Ducu (Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics)
• Challenges and Key Tools for Implementing Ethics within Organizations. An Interview with Alain Hoekstra, Ethics and Integrity Expert, Dutch Whistleblower Authority | Liviu Ion Stochita (Ministry of Labour, Famility, Social Protection and Elderly, Romania)
• The New National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2016-2020: from past to future experiences | Anca Stroe (Ministry of Justice, Romania)
• An Example for Romania in Encouraging Enforcement of Anti-Bribery and Corruption Legislation – The Use of Civil Settlements and Deferred Prosecution Agreements in the UK | Neil McGregor (McGregor & Associates)
ETHICS & COMPLIANCE TOOLBOX
• Creating Shared Standards and Best Practices for Anti-Bribery Compliance | Virna di Palma (Trace International)
• Safely Embracing Your Digital Future | Rob Clyde (ISACA, White Cloud Security)
• Data Protection – What Are the Implications when Dealing with Cyber-Threats? | Diana Neghina (CISA) & Alexandru Enache (CISA)
• Cybersecurity 101 | Sebastian Pitei (ENEVO Group)
• Ethics in the US and EU Lobbying Practices | Alex Serban (Serban & Musneci Associates)
• Organizational Risk Management Framework: the basic | Andra Florina Irinca (AAM Management Information Consulting Ltd.)
• University Professor Charged with Corruption | Dan Minoiu (Musat & Associates)
• Opinion 1 | Ulrich Buchsenschutz (Thomson Reuters)
• Opinion 2 | Luciana Simona Pirtea (Business at Law)
• Floods in Satu Mare. Washing Away the State Budget | Iulia Drajneanu (Romanian Presidency)
• Opinion 1 | Liviu Ion Stochita (Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Protection and Elderly, Romania)
• Opinion 2 | Mihai G. Popa (Bayer Romania)
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
• 5 Potential Information Security Breaches Most People Overlook | Cristian Ducu (Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics)
• Recommended Readings | Daniela Ducu & Diana Trifu (Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics)