Ethics & Compliance Magazine. Year 1, 2016, Issue 1 (Spring)
This issue was released on February 11, 2016, as part of the 1st edition of the Romanian Ethics & Compliance Forum (Unicredit Bank Bucharest HQ, Romania). It was published under the auspices of the Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics (CARMAE) and the European Ethics & Compliance Association (EECA).
Editor-in-chief: Cristian Ducu
Editors: Mihai Popa, Liviu Ion Stochita, Diana Trifu
Contributors: Magdalena Calangiu, Cristian Ducu, Ioana Laes-Ichim, Alina Jerlaianu, Alexandru Lucinescu, Neil McGregor, John Mitra, Mihai G. Popa, Bogdan Popescu, Irina Stanciugelu, Liviu Ion Stochita, Virgil-Ovidiu Tacu, Charles Vernon, Ioana Daniela Visan, Livia Zamfiropol.
Art director: Marius Filipoiu.
Proofreading: Daniela Ducu, Diana Trifu.
Photos: This magazine uses paid pictures and illustrations from Shutterstock.
ISSN: 2501-1561 (printed edition).
ISSN: 2537-1975 (electronic edition).
Number of copies: 1000.
Price: complimentary edition.
All rights deriving from the articles pertain to the Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics.
Opinions belong exclusively to the authors and under no circumstances do they reflect the official position of any of the companies represented.
© Copyright 2016, Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics.
• 2016, the Year of Ethics & Compliance, of Corporate Transparency and Anti-Fraud | Cristian Ducu (Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics)
• The FCPA: Why Should You Care? | Charles Vernon (Vernon | David)
• Top 15 FCPA Enforcement Actions (2015-2008)
• Double Standards? The UK Gets Serious on Foreign Bribery | Neil McGregor (McGregor & Associations)
• The First Enforcement of the Bribery Act 2010
• How to Organise a Tender: the Devil Lies in the Details | Ioana Laes-Ichim (DLA Piper Dinu SCA) & Livia Zamfiropol (DLA Piper Dinu SCA)
• Top 10 Fines Romanian Competition Council
• Is Lending Money Ever Ethical? | John Mitra (Vision & Perspective)
• Governance, Regulatory Risk and Compliance: EU General Data Protection Regulation | Irina Stanciugelu (independent consultant)
• Ethics & Compliance Training 101: Myths and Realities | Cristian Ducu (Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics)
• The Conflict of Interest and the Stamping Out of Temptation. Towards Redefining the Traditional Concept of Trust | Alexandru Lucinescu (Spiru Haret University)
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
• The 7 Rules of Avoiding Disaster
• Ethics within the Public Institutions and the Business Sector. Interview with Cristoph Demmke | Liviu Ion Stochita (Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Protection and Elderly, Romania)
• Our Recommendations. Other Relevant Readings | Diana Trifu (Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics)